The Building Department is responsible for the building and safety standards for design, construction, use, and occupancy of all buildings and structures within the City of Isleton. We provide plan checking, permitting, and inspection services for new construction, additions, renovations, alterations and remodels to assure all structures meet the minimum life safety standards of State and local building codes and FEMA Flood Management adopted by the City of Isleton.
Your development experience starts at our Planning Department located at 101 2nd Street Isleton, CA 95641. Staff will assist you with the processing of your development project and guide you through this somewhat complex process. After all of the reviews and approvals are complete, you will be ready to obtain your building permits. If you are going to do the improvements to your home yourself, you can obtain an “Owner-Builder” permit after completing the owner builder verification form or if you are not going to do the work yourself, you can have your California Licensed Contractor obtain the permits and begin your development project.
Our goal in the City of Isleton is to provide an effective and efficient service to our citizens, developers, contractors, architects, and engineers and provide answers to frequently asked questions and general information about the development process. The information presented is intended to assist you in obtaining information about development standards and requirements for the City of Isleton. However, if you do not find the information you need or have further questions please feel free to contact us at (916) 777-7770.
To request your inspection call (916) 777-7770 at least a week before you need your inspection.
The City of Isleton adoption of 2019 California Building Code (California Code of Regulations Title 24 – Parts 1-12) and 2018 International Building Code Flood Resistant Provisions, prepared by FEMA.
- City of Isleton Building Permit Application_Autofill
- Permit Extension Request Form - Autofill
- ISLETON Special InspectionTesting Agreement - Autofill PDF
- Unreasonable Hardship Application - Autofill PDF
- Building Inspection Related Services FAQ
- Building Permit Expiration
- Building Permit Process
- Consumer Guide to Construction Complaints
- Non-Residential Tenant Improvement
- Owner-builder Beware
- Re-roof Requirements and Required Inspections
- Residential Swimming Pool Brochure
- Residential Window Replacement
- Single-User - All-Gender Toilet Facilities
- What you should know when hiring a contractor
- Who can prepare plans
- Flood Pamphlet